Our mission is to strengthen community food system for Riverside County residents as we believe in the power of good food. We envision food systems that support joyful, vibrant communities. Farms and food businesses thrive, natural resources are healthy and protected, and people are nourished and happy.
For the past 20 years, we’ve led a community food revolution and food sustainability with our partners in USDA Food programs, agriculture, small and large farms, Agriculture commissioner, retail and restaurant industry, Environmental Health, food waste, food hubs, supporting food banks, pantries and Riverside Food System Alliance. Please join the movement for our local food system!
- Healthy People 2030
- Healthy Peopel 2030 Food Insecurity
- Healthy Food Systems 2030
- The Food Systems 2030 Trust Fund -- seeks to build the foundation for a sustainable food system that delivers improved livelihoods alongside safe, affordable, and nutritious diets for all. It promotes new ways of doing business while addressing market and institutional incentives, to put food systems on a better path.
- White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition & Health
- White House Toolkit for Hunger, Nutrition & Health Convening's
- Riverside County Food Systems 2023 is the beginning of a County Food Vision for 2030. We will be is a bold, 7-year plan and movement to cultivate a sustainable food system that delivers improved livelihoods alongside safe, affordable, and nutritious diets for all. It promotes new ways of doing business while addressing market and institutional incentives, to put food systems on a better path similar to the World Bank.
- Riverside County Nutrition Action Partnership
- Food Research & Action Center
- Change Lab Solutions Policy Strategies
- San Diego Food System Alliance
- San Diego Food Vision 2030
- Los Angeles Food Policy Council
- Get Connected Lovally - Riverside Food Systems Alliance
- Purchase Local Produce from Riverside USD's Food Hub
- Best Practices Food Hub
- Small Farm Assistance Program
- Produce Safety for Small Farms
- Local Agricultural Support
- Grow Riverside
- RFSA GAP Certification & Farm Training
- Best Practice
- Riverside Food Systems Alliance
- Roots of Change
Broad implementation of healthy food procurement policies have the potential to increase the overall demand for more healthy products, drive a positive change in community food vision and reality.
Emergency food system: The emergency food system encompasses all organizations supporting community members in accessing food in California. This term includes, but is not limited to: food banks, partner agencies, and other community food-providing organizations such as gleaning associations.
- Connect IE - Find Local Food Assistance
- Feeding America Riverside San Bernardino
- FIND Food Bank
- Western Eagle Foundation
- Catholic Charities San Bernardino & Riverside Counties
- Storing Food for an Emergency
- Riverside County Businesses can Donate Food
- CalRecyle Food Rescue Tips
- A Guide to stocking your personal pantry for a food emergency
Taking action to help build a more resilient and sustainable food system at a human-scale and on a local level by ensuring that crops are not wasted. Gleaning is simply harvesting extra crops from farms and gardens to give to our neighbors facing hunger which helps farmers and retailers reduce food waste.